Thursday, December 1, 2011

Golden Flower bookplates 2 and 3

It's been a busy week.....I won't go into details, just boring work, work, school, and holiday preparations.
Here are the fabulous chrysanthemum chromo lithograph book plates 2 and 3  from 'The Golden Flower Chrysanthemum'. Remember these are accessible only for a limited time! Read my last blog post if you need to catch up on more information about this topic.
here are a few links to information reguarding this book as well:
NYPL Digital Gallery- Sows other images int he book.
MFA Educators Online- images of the chromo lithographs. The images on my flicker account are much larger than their images, so you can see the printing detail better. 
The literary world, Volume 22; Google Books- a reference to the book from an antique advertisement.


Click on plate descriptions for a link to larger images on my flicker account.

This lovely plate is called 'Kyoto'

And here we have 'Medusa'


One final note about these book plates. They are raw scans. I have done no digital cleaning except automatic contrast; but they are free for you to download and copy. In some cases I had to scan and image in 2 pieces and then piece them together in Photoshop. I did my best to make the pieces 'whole' and merge them back together.
Happy Holidays!



No comments: