Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Never Hang your Dream Catcher Backwards and My DD's Ultra Cute Paul Revere Model

My sister found a positively weird and wonderful link to 'Brutal Knitting by Tracy Widdess'. This is soo trippy and cool to put it into proper words! Go have a look!
And what every you do never hang your dream catcher backwards!
Watching it has me thinking about the next Spoonflower contest for baby cloth books. I'm seriously wanting to make a 'Cthulu Loves You' baby book. I can see it already with tentacles hanging out of the pages and cuddly friendly representations of Cthulu and his buddies inside the pages for baby to play with. Unfortunately, the deadline for the contest has passed and I'm too busy finishing other things to create it on such a short notice. I'm going to keep the idea on the shelf though, it's the perfect thing to work on when I get bored with other projects. Instead I leave you with this link to What if Dr. Suss wrote The Call of Cthulu? on i09.com. :) Enjoy!

Lastly my DD had a mid-semester project on Paul Revere due at the end of November. I love the model she made so much I have to share pictures of it! Not bad for a 11 yr old's first attempt to use a hot glue gun, Dremel, and oven bake clay! I'm so proud she didn't use Lego's! Legos are fun, but I don't feel they provide as many problem solving opportunities as creating a model from mixed media. 











No comments: