Monday, May 23, 2011

Ombre Gradation Beaded Fringe Patterns for Earrings


I'm adding beaded fringe to my watch band earrings.
The above picture was a free hand gradation tassel I made for my first pair of earrings. I will be showing you some additional pairs I'm working on and a few patterns I created for the fringe.
(The fringe patterns I am providing can also be used on Cheyenne Brick Stitch earrings. Here is a link to a tutorial for them at Beltana's Beads.)
I created JPG patterns for a 2, 3, and 4 tone fringe that has the illusion of gradation in color (otherwise known as Ombre). I'm attaching the fringe off a bit of beaded brick stitch.The next diagram shows the bead direction in the brick stitch portion and how it will attach to the watch band link.



 Here is the pattern for your free use of 2 color gradient/Ombre. The fringe is 8 strings across by 43 beads long. Create the fringe off a brick stitch 8 beads wide made of the same color your fringe will start with (Brick Stitch Basics from Bead & Button magazine). I used beads I had on hand so the gradation is not as gradual as it could be. If you are getting beads especially for this project be sure they are just a shade off from each other and the gradation will be more subtle and realistic.
The image is turned on it's side to reduce the amount of room it takes up on my blog. The gold or white portion can be the top of your fringe. Click on the image to see a larger pattern that you can print and utilize.


Here is a watch band earring with the 2 tone Ombre fringe that I'm working on. The fringe is temporarily pinned in place with a beading needle until I get the fringe made for the other earring and am ready to assemble them. (see my previous post for disassembling metal watch bands if you want to see how these earrings were started; The bail is a simple wire triangle bail. You can see how to make the bail at Fusion Beads.) I extended the bead count for the length by 17 white beads to get extra long fringe (for 60 beads total).


 3 color gradient/Ombre


 4 color gradient/Ombre


Finished Watch Link Earrings with 2 and 3 tone Ombre Fringe.


No comments: